Life After Bigger Dirt

Life After Bigger Dirt

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Gotcha Day!

One hour ago, in Jinan, Shandong Province, China, my son met his forever mother.  I was fortunate to watch via Skype, along with my 5 children.   I cannot explain the feeling that I felt, seeing him placed in his mother's arms and how he held on so tightly, not wanting to let her go.  No tears or signs of fear.  I saw peace.  I saw a little boy hold on to the mother who has been in love with him since the first moment she saw his first photo.  It was glorious.
In a nearby room in their hotel, a wedding was being held.  It was loud, as we could hear the wedding music and celebration in the background.  It was humorous to us all, but I couldn't help but think of the marriage of our family, our hearts joining forever with little Beckett's.  It was a beautiful picture on my mind, reminiscent of God's marriage with His bride, us, His people.  I love this little boy with my entirety, though I have yet to hold him or see him in person.  I praise God for that, for what He has placed in me and my family. 
We are beyond excited to see our boy, baby brother, Beckett.  He is beautiful, perfect, little.  He won't let go of his mama, a true answer to my prayers.  I am in awe of my God's providence. 
Pray for their time in China.  Pray for continued bonding.  Pray for health.  Pray for restful nights.
And pray for orphans waiting for their forever homes.  This day is glorious for us, as our son finally meets his family.  So many others need, desperately desire, this same Gotcha day.  Pray for hearts to align with God's, to care for the orphan and meet them in their affliction.
Brian

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Congratulations! And little sweet Beckett, you hit the parent jackpot! Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete